Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day, 2008

I took more than 100 photos of the small Memorial Day remembrance in our town yesterday. But this is the photo that I think most represents the spirit of Katonah: a family flying the flag for its country. This has been my 21st Memorial Day in Katonah, and only the first in which I have attended the ceremony. Now, I’m sorry about that as it was quite touching with Boy Scout, Brownie, and Cub Scout Troops, our hope for tomorrow, marching along with the Katonah Fire Department, a handful of military veterans, the police chief, and our town supervisor, the very impressive, Ms. Lee Roberts. After the parade, two small-town rituals: ice cream for the kids at the Fire House and a family barbecue of hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone.

This is one of two posts to compensate for no photos yesterday. But there was much to see and the glorious weather seduced me into the garden.

No comments: